The Musanian lands, often simply called "Musograd", were originally settled by Balanda tribes. Historic evidence of these tocharic / germanic speaking nomadic tribes appears about 1500 years b.p.. The Balanda languages today are used mostly in the Balanda and Capricornian back country. Slavic speaking Musan tribes settled the central plains in the 11th century. At about the same time, Murwillumbah was settled by Jewish traders, which were largely islamized in the 13th century during the Southern Invasions, forming the unique Murwillian culture in the following centuries. The latin speaking inhabitants of the Naquarnian peninsula were also pushed back from the coastal regions during these times.
The Musogradian language, now officially called Musosloviansk, developed out of the interaction between the proto-Musan (slavic), Balanda (tocharic) and Murwillian (germano-semitic) languages, with some Eetalijan influences. It used to be written in Cyrillic letters, but today in most regions of the Federation, Latin letters are used. The Dershowo Musograd uses both types of letters officially.
The English language was adopted by the multiethnic trading port of Kosnice in the late 14th century before it came under the rule of the Musogradian Kingdom. Today it has spread to the Capricornian coast and is also widely used in other provinces. It is the sole official language in the Republic of Capricornia, which, after leaving the Federation of Musograd in 2006, has become co-founder of the Federated Micronations.
In the southern Repubblika tal' Naquarnia, Eetalijan has regained its position as the most widely spoken language in the last few years, surpassing coastal English on the western and Murwillian/Arabic on the eastern coastline of the country. Written in latin letters, it has absorbed many words from those two languages. This process has been actively supported by the government to foster national unity.
Due to the current political situation, several versions of historic events may exist. Here, the most generally recognized version will be given. Due to the historic development and population distribution, the history of Musograd plays the major role in this representation.
- First mentioning of the Kingdom of Musograd in "Historia planitiae orientalis"
- Incorporation of the City of Murwillumbah
- Settlement Charter of the City of Kosnice
- Khalif Akhbar ascends the throne of the Murwillian Caliphate
- Battle of Phulda ends expansion of the Caliphate
- Kosnice adopts English as official language
- Religious strife between Mithraists and Christians in Musograd ends with the Expulsion of the latter
- Tolerance and Settlement Contract between the Balanga leaders and the Christian refugees
- Foundation of Balangrad and Sv Karul as Contract Settlements
- Kosnice accepts the Protectorate of the King of Musograd
- Severoport (today Strahan) is founded by the Musogradian Navy
- Fortress of Goralnygrad founded by the Musogradian Army
- Fortress of Redrok founded by the Musogradian Air Force (formerly Cavalry)
- Destruction and incorporation of the Caliphate into the Kingdom of Musograd
- Last independent territories in Naquarnia conquered
- The Balanga Kanbarra (tribal assembly) accepts the Protectorate of the King of Musograd
- Anticratic Revolution: King Karul XI flees the country
- Gen. Lord Azrak crowned as Emperor Azrak I, founding the Empire of Musograd. The House of Azrak is named after the colour blue (in Arabic: asrak = blue) which is also prominent in their coat of arms and the Imperial Flag.
- The Empire is renamed "Empire of Musberg" to accomodate the Balanga tribes
- Reorganization is completed with the Charter of Mohuc - all territories become provinces
- Founding of the (illegal) Partije Kommuniste tal' Musograd (PKM)
- First railway line Musograd - Mohuc
- Anarchist risings suppressed by Army and Secret Police
- Musograd loses control over Naqarnian lands, Kosnice gains far-reaching autonomy.
- Emperor Azrak III attempts to modernize the state, but is blocked by conservative forces. His assassination on 1918.09.11 ends these attempts.
- Emperor Azrak IV, weakened by the Influenza epidemic, ascends to the throne.
- Financial and economic crises weaken the state. Rebellions in the Balanda Province suppressed by the army. Autonomist movement in the Murwillian Province creates a solid base for leftist movements in the region.
- Emperor Azrak V - Collaboration Treaty with Germany leads to limited sovereignty.
- Economic growth helps to stabilize the state. Authoritarian military leaders rule the state in an uneasy alliance with the Emperor.
- On October 3rd, the Treaty of Alte Ceccato rejoins the Naquarnian Lands and the Kosnice region to the Empire and establishes modernized state structures which lead to the political changes of the following two decades.
- Foundation of the League for Democracy - Jednaja Respubliknaja Sajus (LfD/JRS), twin organisations based on the military (LfD) and on the civilian society (JRS).
1970s and early 1980s
- Modernisation of civil society and economic growth overshadowed by the more and more erratic rule of the old Emperor.
- Lord F.I.Dershowo assassinates Azrak V after rumors of planned mass imprisonings "to protect the Imperial Crown from the Emperor"
- Constitution of the First Republic ("Respublika tal' Musograd - Republik Musberg")
- First printed postal stamps issued by the Musberg Postal Service
- Civil war between Democratic, Nationalist and Communist forces
- May: Declaration of the People's Republic of Musograd ("Narodni Respublika tal' Musograd", NRM).
- Partije Komuniste tal' Musograd (PKM) becomes ruling and only legal party.
- October: The national capital is moved to Kosnice.
- December: ASCOM wing of the PKM (Anarcho-Syndicalist Communists) assumes power and radicalizes internal politics. Dissent suppressed by military means.
- September: Southern provinces stop supporting the PKM government. A military expedition fails.
- November: Glorious Revolution reinstates monarchy ("Rajakratija tal Musograd") under King ("Raje") Karul XII Capital moved back to Musograd City.
- October 3rd: Declaration of Full Independence and Sovereignty
- December: Northern Expeditions. King Karul abdicates after defeat in the battle of Kijel (Severnaja Hulstanja, now Capricornian Republic).
- Jan 1st: King Gijorgi I ascends throne
- "Blue Brigades" unrests - ultra-conservative forces (partly related to the Army) perform terrorist acts in the years 1991 - 1993. The colour blue refers to the House of Azrak deposed in 1983.
- Constitutional Monarchy. Election of 1st People's Congress
- February: First Southern Expedition lands at Iron Harbour, Australija. Settlements at the western coast of Australija are founded.
- October: 2nd People's Congress with PMMA (Patriotic Movement for Free Musograd) majority.
- Divisional War between leftist (2nd, 3rd) and nationalist (1st, 4th, 5th) army divisions.
- November 2nd: Parramatta Covenant (veto-based military government with focus on colonisation of Australija). Parramatta National Congress declares "Respublika tal Musograd", elects King Michail Tchernikow as leader of the Parramatta National Government ("PNG")
- February: Alliance shift in the PNG leads to expulsion of 1st Division forces, King Tchernikow deposed.
- May 8th: "Musogradij Respublike" declared. "Red Parramatta" government founds Settlement Agency. Nationalist forces withdraw to Kosnice and the Western Swamps.
- October: 2nd Southern Expedition founds settlements on the Australijan east coast.
- September: Nationalist forces rejoin PNG, are allowed to create a Marine Territorial & Base Force (MTBF) in Kosnice
- Januar/February: Cumulated discontent with Red PNG leads to MTBF-led Nationalist Rising. After fall of Mohuc and advance of nationalist forces, the PNG controlled territories are split in two.
- February 14th: Flagstaff Hill Accord is signed by Red PNG and MTBF leader Gen. F.M. Dershowo, guaranteeing the personal safety of all participants after the capitulation of the Red PNG forces.
- April 4th: Gen. Dershowo declared "Lord Commander of Musograd".
- May: Declaration No. 1 stops Australijan Settlement and instigates New Social Policy.
- June: Republican Operational Services (ROS) founded as information service, Academy of Avionics and Defense founded as state university with M. Chulubeg as president.
- July: Spectacular breakdown of NSP.
- August 3rd: Gen. Dershowo dies after gun-cleaning accident.
- August: Gen. W.A. Sheshek declared "Commander General". Settlement policy resumed.
- September: Settlements on Australijan west coast founded by 3rd Southern Expedition.
- January: "Dershowo Musograd" (State of Musograd) declared, to honour Gen. F.M.Dershowo.
- March: Gen. Sheshek abdicates, remains Governor of Murwillian Province. Gen. S. Radiq "Commander General".
- April: Diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Hawai'i
- May: New Alliance Policy declared
- January: 4th Southern Expedition. End of Settlement policy, settlers ("Redfeet") resettled in Northern Province.
- September: Homeland Army ("Armija Krajina") takes temporary control of Musograd City
- March: Settler Militia ("Militia tal' Australija", MTA) takes control of Northern Province. N.P. Capital Severoport renamed Strahan, N.P. renamed Thylacinia.
- October: Anarcho-Capitalists ("Libertarian Monetarists - Anarchist Alliance", ) revolt against Kosnice Province government. Kosnice Autonomous Province declared.
- January: Constitution of the Federation of Musograd. All but two provinces sign Federation Accord. Gen. G. Shabraq elected Secretary of the Federation.
- July: Mohuc & Musograd Provinces sign Federation Accord
- April: Federation Capital moved to Balangrad, Balangrad Capital Territory created.
- July: Mohuc & Musograd Provinces create joint "Provinces of Free Musograd and Mohuc" (PMMA).
- October: PMMA forces support Nationalist coup in Goralni Province. Civil war splits province in two.
- December: Armistice between Federation and PMMA forces. "Goralni Jointly Administrated Province" formed.
- February: Radical Thylacinian settlers form the "Liberation Army of the Republic of Australia" (LARA)
- March: LARA forces occupy Zeehan and declare the "Australian Military Government - Free Territory of Thylacinia" (AMG-FTT)
- April: Brig. Gen. N. Tosh is elected Governor of the PMMA
- May: Free elections in Goralni JAP. "Dignity and Sovereignty" (DNS) wins majority, PKMN and LMMA less than 20% each.
- The "Settlement Agency", responsible for Australijan settlement policy, is renamed youraustralia and reoriented towards information about Australia.
- June: New Assembly in Goralnigrad accepts new provincial constitution. Goralni JAP renamed "Goralni Free Province" (GAP, Goralni Azadna Provincia).
- July: Brig. Gen. N. Tosh appointed Secretary of the Defense Commission of the Federation.
- August 1st: Secession of Balanga Province as "Balanga Respublike", ruled by traditional Balanda leaders under the secretive "President" TK (only his initials are known). At the same day, the AMG-FTT Government declares the Republic of Capricornia.
- October 3rd: Gen. Shabraq steps back, Gen N. Tosh elected Secretary of the Federation.
- December: Capricornian forces conquer Strahan. Unstable armistices between Federation and renegade provinces.
- January: New constitution: Provinces of the Federation become Republics.
- February 1st: Joint surprise attack against Balangrad by Capricornian and Balanda forces. Balangrad City divided in West Balangrad (occupied by Capricornia) and East Balangrad (occupied by the Balanga Respublike).
- June: Federation forces recapture parts of Balangrad and Sprijland
- August 1st: Armistice and reciprocal recognition between the Federation and the Republic of Capricornia.
- February: Parts of Balangrad City liberated by surprise offensive
- March: Balangrad City put under Joint Administration (BCJA)
- April: Coup in the Balanga Respublike, supported by Contract Settlers living in the larger settlements and by young tribal leaders striving for development. Balanga Respublike is renamed Balanda Republic (pronouncement of the name "Balanda" unchanged, something between d and g).
- June/July: Joint Southern Cross Expedition with the Republic of Capricornia
- July: High Representative of the Federation visits Hutt River Principality and is received by Prince Leonard
- August: Currency Union - Musogradi Dinar (M$) replaced by Common Wallaroo (CW), exchange rate of 475:1.
- October: Economic breakdown in the LR Kosnice. Several Trading Houses are put under Government control.
- January: LR Kosnice put under Federal control
- March: LR Kosnice reorganized and renamed Republic of Kosnice
- June/July: Joint Northern Star expedition with Republic of Capricornia
- July: Foundation of Strana Ludowa Dimokratiska (SLD) by several right wing parties and organisations
- July/August: Plans to create the "Federated Micronations" together with Capricornia and Balanga Respublike are made public
- September 27: Referendums in the Republics of the Federation, the RC and BR on the Federated Micronations plan
- October 3: The Federated Micronations of the Musanian Lands (short: Federal Micronations or FM) are constituted, consisting of the Balanda Republic, the Republic of Capricornia, the Republic of Naquarnia, the Jamahiriya Murwillumbah and the Dershowo Musograd with the Free Port of Kosnice. Gen. N. Tosh is elected as Secretary of the Federation.
- June 26th: A delegation of the Federated Micronations visits the United Nations in New York and deposits FM stamps.
- July: Military Coup d'etat in the Republic of Naquarnia. In accordance of the Constitution of the Federated Micronations, no action is taken against the new government of the Republic of Naquarnia.
- October: First flight of PA 501 "Warlock", the new strategic platform of the Air Forces of the Republics.
- December: After rumors of a planned military rising called "Metal Tango", several officers of Musogradi Armije are arrested.
- February 21st: Shocked by the events in Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain and Libya, the military-backed government of the Republic of Naquarnia steps down two days after a Facebook group "Freedom for Naquarnia" has been formed. An interim government consisting of neutral professionals, led by a veterinarian, is created, successfully implementing free elections in May 2011.
- August 15th: To protect the economy of the Federated Micronations, the Common Wallaroo is decoupled from the Euro and bound to gold at a rate of 1250 CW to 1 ounce of gold, with the Australian Kangaroo coin as reference.
- January 13th: Gen. N. Tosh, Secretary of the Federation, dies. Hon. William Thorpe from the Republic of Capricornia is elected as new Secretary.
- March 9th: Following the default of the Hellenic Republic, the Federated Micronations create a Federal Provisional Agency to administer the Collateral Hellenic Territories, PACHT. The agency is authorized to issue Retroactive Unilateral Decrees in regards to these territories.
- May 1st: After a landslide win at the Musogradian elections, the Dershowo is ruled by a coalition of Strona Ludowa tal Dershowo and Jihosna Sajus (Southern Compact). The Secretary of the Federation, William Thorpe, was confirmed. On the same day, the Collateral Protection Unit (CPU) is formed as a semi-military police force to protect the Collateral Hellenic Territories.
- June 30th: Federal Expeditionary Forces execute a joint 3 weeks maneuvre in the Republique du Réunion while Inimical Coalition forces prepare offensive positions around the Federation.
- July 3rd: Massive Air-Sea strikes hit the Federation on several fronts. U-01 "Love Me In Black" and U-02 "Long Way From Home" are put on full alert while conventional forces strike back.
- July / August: Continuous warfare with extensive front corrections in the south and west take heavy cost on the Federated Forces and population. An emergency coalition of SLD, JS and DNS is formed.
- August 24th: Operation B, a massive landing operation in the south, is executed to plan.
- October 13th: After 14 days of lost contact, U-02 resurfaces with heavy damage, reaching port several days later.
- November 3rd: Enemy artillery hits the main gas pipeline, exposing the population to the cold November weather until repair on November 7th.
- December: Counteroffensives continued and new ones initiated.
- December: In the Jamahiriya Murwillumbah, a rebel movement "Shiat al-Nur" starts fighting against the government, with a radical anti-religious program, under a white flag displaying the first half of the Islamic statement "There is no God but God" in golden letters.
- January 1st: Haydn Base, evacuated in December 2012, is transferred according to armistice plan.
- January 7th: Central Tactical Services counteroffensive succeeds and regains some border positions.
- January 16th: Cleanup operations against dispersed PSCB forces fleeing over the frozen river Sprij at the Capricornian border lead to skirmishes with CDF units.
- February 5th: The western Murwillian harbour town Eungella is overrun by Shiat al-Nur (SAN). The al-Nur movement establishes a provisional government.
- March 16th: Remaining Murwillian forces loyal to the Jamahiriya and Islamic Convergence capitulate in Murwillumbah. SAN forces proclaim the Scientific Republic of Murwillumbah (SRM).
- April: Explosions of several "Jellyfish" detector mines signal a surge of activity of Enemy marine forces. All FM forces are put on full alert. Political instability in the Dershowo lead to new elections on 2013-04-28, resulting in the Patriotic Movement Free Musograd (PMMA) becoming largest party.
- May 1st: In the Dershowo, new coalition government supported by PMMA, SLD and DNS is formed. An Independent, General M. Swoboda, is elected in the new office of President with extended powers in comparison to the old office of Secretary of the Dershowo. PMMA supporters demonstrate on the streets to show their newfound power.
- May 25th: SLD votes to merge with PMMA. About a third of the Kuomnata members of DNS also join PMMA.
- February 1st: Official start of international transmissions of Radio Musograd Klasicnyka - twentysound
- March: International tensions cause internal radicalisation both on the right ("Armia Tcherna") and the left ("People United / Sajusna Narodu" Movement)
- May 8th: Due to the worsening international situation, Musogradij Armije goes on "Full Alert" for several weeks
- June / July: Visit of a FM delegation to Bretagne
- January 1st: Major shift in the economic base of the Federation due to the changing relationship with selected international corporations.
- January 22th: Federal Evacuation Agency relaunch to counter the growing intolerance of minorities in allied and regional nations. Preparation of further measures in the direction of counterpropaganda and intelligence.
- April: Republic of Capricornia founds the "Capricornian Department of Intelligence" (CDI), led by Gen. J.Nesher, as counterpart and cooperation partner of the Musogradian Research and Operational Services (ROS).
- May 10th: Capricornia Post incorporates the "Capricornia Post Extraterritorial Agencies" (CPEA) to provide postal services outside the Republic of Capricornia. The existing agencies covering the Balangrad Capital Territory and the Hellenic Collateral Territory are integrated into CPEA.
- December 1st - 17th: "Protectorate Revolution". After rising popular discontent against the authoritharian PMMA-led National Government is suppressed and political cleansing operations commenced by the security services, Musogradij Armije units stationed in the Goralni and Mohuc areas, led by Gen. Y. Chadid, revolted against the National Government, quickly taking control of large territories within the Dershowo. The Air Force, after declaring neutrality in cooperation with the federal government, tried to enforce an armistice on 2015-12-10. The balance was tipped by Narodni Milicia forces rising within the Capital, surrounding the Government district and the Presidential Palace. As a result, the National Government agreed to a controlled power transfer within the structures of the Dershowo, with Gen. Y. Chadid elected as new President of the Dershowo, taking the additional title of "Lord Protector of the Dershowo". The Kuomnata delegated its power to a "National Council of Reconciliation" until new elections in Autumn 2017 (originally planned for summer 2016, but postponed due to a series of international crises).
- December 20th: A Refugee Integration Program is started by the NCR Government.
- February 1st: Protectorate Government introduces new Security laws to protect from external instability, founding the Musogradian National Security Agency.
- June: New Kuomnata elections postponed to end of 2017
- July 15th: Major festivities in Balangrad City.
- August / September: Musogradian Expeditionary Forces in England, operating as observers after the UK EU Referendum
- November: In reaction to destabilising events in the U.S., defense expenditures are raised and organisational measures taken.
- December 17th: Festivities in the Dershowo to celebrate 1st anniversary of Protectorate Government.
- February: Cooperation agreement between Musogradian Research and Operational Services and Capricornian Department of Information regarding international counter-propaganda operations.
- April 2nd: Major festivities in Musograd City, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the birth of the democratic movements LfD/JRS in Musograd
- Spring: Enhanced measures to migrate economic basis of the Federated Micronations to ensure future prosperity and stability.
- September 26nd: Elections for the Kuomnata, with the alliance party SD gaining an absolute majority in parliament and about 50% of the votes. The other legal parties, CDN-E and DNS, both gained about 25% of the votes and about 18% of the seats each.
- October 3rd: Snap elections for the Kuomnata result in CDN-E gaining 38% as a reaction to the Climate Crisis. A new government was formed, led by Gen. G.Claybourne and R.Khalmyq as Commissioner. Ressources were shifted to a massive Ecological Restructuring of the economic and external policies of the Dershowo.
- March 15th: Gen. Claybourne resigned for health reasons, Gen. C. al Akbar was elected as Commander of the Dershowo, with R.Khalmyq continuing to operationally lead the government.
- October 3rd: In scheduled Kuomnata elections, the CDN-E / SD coalition loses their majority. JS support surges to 17%. A three party coalition is formed by JS, CDN-E and SD, led by K.Kelly (JS) as Commissioner and Gen. al Akbar continuing as Commander of the Dershowo.
- November/December: The coalition starts to implement a radical program of economic and social change to break the paralysis which threatened to destroy the Dershowo and the Federation. In combination with this internal change, an external effort is being prepared for 2020.
- February 3rd: The external effort launches under the code name "Shoolscath".
- February 11th: First deployment of Musogradian forces at "Omaha Beach"
- February / March: After initial successes, Musogradian, Naquarnian and Murwillian landing forces incur high losses. A volunteer force is assembled under the traditional "MTBF" flag. At the same time, the Star Sickness, regionally seen on a small level for some time, breaks out. Analysts warn of an imminent end of the operation.
- March 1st: After originally supporting the effort, Capricornia decides to withdraw their forces due to internal opposition against it becoming stronger.
- March 13th: MTBF forces deployed to the operations area under the code name "Ivielscath". In spite of high losses, the situation is stabilized.
- March 17th: Due to the Star Sickness breakout, a truce is declared. In the following days, regular forces, demoralized by the breakout and the truce, start to join the MTBF units.
- March 18-22th: To contain the Star Sickness, the states of the F.M. declare complete economic and social lockdowns, code named "Awailscath".
- April 28th: All-party coalition in Musograd elects O.Celny (MTBF leadership, no party) as Commissioner, following the resignation of Commissioner K.Kelly.
- August: Successful MTBF rising leads to a transition government, Gen. al Akbar stepping back.
- October 3rd: MTBF-backed Zorek Nadeju wins Kuomnata election. Adm. S.D. Xander elected as High Commander of the Dershowo.
- October 3rd: Repubblika tal' Naquarnia introduces new Constitution and national flag.
- October 14: ZN / CDN-E coalition formed, with O.Celny and R.Khalmyq as Co-Commissioners. Coalition agrees to continue Shoolscath operation with restricted scope.
- December 30: ZN Congress starts, ending 3 days later in conflict, with a faction forming around the Musogradian Militias and another forming around more military aligned members, the latter under the name "Zorek Slavuj" (Star of Glory).
- January 1st: The legal status of "Sovereign Overseas Territories" is defined within the FM, with the Antilles Musiennes (associated with the Dershowo Musograd) and Sandy Island (associated with the Republic of Capricornia) becoming the first Sovereign Overseas Territories of the FM.
- February: Naquarnia and Capricornia establish a military cooperation program, starting with a joint base at Crucilinga.
- March 9: Capricornia and Balanda Republic sign a pre-contract for a joint base in Bristow.
- June 3rd: Catastrophic end of the Musogradian "Shoolscath" project leads to a slow breakdown of the state. A National Emergency Government and the Kuomnata elections in October fail to stop the breakdown which finally ends in a civil war.
- July 17: Inauguration of the "Joint Sovereign Base" in the Balanda Republic. The JSB operates as a common base for Balanda, Capricornian and Naquarnian forces. As a result of this cooperation, common "Joint Sovereign Forces" are built up.
- December 7: The JSF are authorized by the Secretary of the F.M. to operate as Federal Forces in Musograd, to stabilize the Musogradian state.
- January 1st: A Peace Agreement between the S.R. Murwillumbah and the Balanda Republic comes into force, returning a part of the eastern coastline and hinterland to Murwillumbah. This ends a conflict which has blocked much F.M. integration and the development of both states.
- January 1st: The Federal Administration in Musograd takes over full responsibility for the administration of the Dershowo, with the JSF and the Strategic Command of the Musogradi Armije integrated into FADO (Federal Arms and Defense Organisation). This empowerment of the Federal Administration is understood as a first step towards reorganisation of the Federated Micronations.
- May: The slow pace of restitution of Musogradian sovereignty by the Federal Administration (FAiM) leads to resistance groups forming around a "Musogradian Emergency Council" (MEC).
- October 3rd: In a Federal Referendum, the citizens of all 5 constituent States accept the Constitution of the Federated Micronations of Musania, changing the name of the Federation and converting it into a genuine Nation, consisting of Sovereign States. In the Dershowo Musograd, deputies for a Constitutional Assembly are elected.
- January 1st: Hon. William Thorpe is reconfirmed as Secretary of the Federation, now under the new Constitution. Elections for the Federal Parliament are slated for February 12.
- Februar 12th: First Elections for the Federal Parliament. The two chambers of the Parliament are slated to assemble on February 21th.
- April 15th: MHP and AKP agree on a coalition and re-elect Hon. William Thorpe as Secretary of the Federation. SDFM and DCE to be led by AKP, Defense, DET and DIS by MHP ministers.